We are proud to announce a new 2.6.0 release of "Alloy - Launcher and Automator". This release includes:
Dark Mode support
There is full support of iOS 13 Dark Mode across all the screens, UI elements and activities. Switching between light and dark mode can be done on the fly - the app will adopt changed style immediately.
Alloy tries to do its best by adopting Actions View (main screen) to the Dark Mode by automatically dimming background or wallpaper (if present). If you'd like to preserve background or wallpaper and keep it intact for both light and dark modes you can do it via the "Settings | Wallpaper | Automatic Dark Mode" option.
Alloy now employs AI to analyze photos and find what objects are pictured. There are a new "Classify Photos" task and several actions that utilize image recognition.
New "Classify Photos" Task
This task allows to classify photos and find which objects are pictured. It takes photos, analyzes them and produces result as a list of found objects together with their confidences. It is possible to specify the "Min Confidence" property to define minimum confidence of results to return. The "Max Results" allows to specify maximum number of results to return per each processed photo.
New "Search Photos" Action
There is a new "Search Photos" Action that allow searching your photo library for photos with certain objects pictured. For example you can search for Cats or Waterfall etc. If you'd like to get more results with less confidence - edit the Action and alter a "Classify Photos" task to have smaller value in the "Min Confidence".
New "Make Album" Action
There is a new "Make Album" Action that allow making a photo album for photos with certain objects pictured. For example you can make an album for Cats or Waterfall etc. If you'd like to get more results with less confidence - edit the Action and alter a "Classify Photos" task to have smaller value in the "Min Confidence".
Updated "Choose Photos/Videos" Tasks
There are updated "Choose Photos/Videos" Tasks to include "Last 7 Days", "Last 30 Days" and "All" photo/video sources.
Updated "For Each" Task
There is updated "For Each" task to include ability to show progress. This progress will stay visible while "for each" is looping.
Updated "Compare Text" Task
There are new functions added to the "Compare Text" task to allow comparing to all or any search terms. Also, now it is possible to ignore case during text comparing via the "Ignore Case" property.
Improved Memory Management
All the tasks that work with photos were updated and improved to allow processing hundreds to thousands of photos.
Minor Fixes and Improvements
Also do no miss new great features introduced in previous releases of "Alloy - Launcher and Automator":
- v2.5.1: this release introduces tasks and actions for reading of NFC tags, importing vCard's, connecting to WiFi hot spots etc.
- v2.5.0: this release introduces improved D&D on iPad, use of NFC tags to launch Alloy's Actions, background location processing etc.
- v2.4.1: this release introduces improved Siri Shortcuts and support of animated GIF.
- v2.4.0: this release introduces iOS 12 and Siri Shortcuts support.
- v2.3.0: this release introduces new iMessage Extension, lots of Actions and Task updated to support iMessage Extension etc.
- v2.0.0: this release introduces Glances, Background and Menu workflows, new Widget, new Action Extension, bunch of new actions utilizing Glances etc.